THE FOLLOWING ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WILTSHIRE AIR AMBULANCE (WAACT) LOTTERY. BY COMPLETING THE PLAYER APPLICATION FORM AND/OR RENEWAL FORM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THESE TERMS AND THAT THEY WILL APPLY TO AND GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE LOTTERY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THEM, IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LOTTERY.
1. The Wiltshire Air Ambulance Lottery (“the Lottery”) is a weekly subscription draw promoted by the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Charitable Trust (“WAACT”)
2. Wiltshire Air Ambulance is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 41103.
3. The person responsible for promoting the Lottery (“Responsible Person”) is Mr D Philpott of the WAACT, whose address is Outmarsh, Semington, Wiltshire BA14 6JX.
4. WAACT is assisted in operating its lottery by an External Lottery Manager, Tower Lottery Partnership Limited of Bank House, 16-18 Bank St, Walshaw, Bury, who is licensed by the Gambling Commission, Licence no 000-039807-N-319626-00.
5. The draw will take place every Tuesday at the offices of the ELM at the address set out in rule 4. Winning entries will be selected by means of random number generator software which has been examined and approved by an independent testing house approved by the Gambling Commission.
6. Each chance in the draw costs £1 per week.
7. Payment for tickets in the Lottery may be made by cheque, standing order or direct debit.
8. Lottery subscriptions will be held in a ring-fenced holding account prior to each draw.
9. Persons employed by the WAACT, the ELM and their partners and persons living in their household are not eligible to participate in the Lottery.
10. Upon receipt of your player application form, the WAACT will issue you with (a) unique ticket number(s) which will be entered into the draw each week. Your unique number(s) will be stored by the WAACT together with your other details.
12. The winning numbers will be displayed on the Wiltshire Air Ambulance website, www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk.
13. You may call the WAACT on 01225 300536 to request a winners’ list. There is no need to check your numbers - if you are one of the lucky winners, the WAACT will contact you as soon as possible by telephone or letter if you are a lucky winner.
14. No substitute will be offered for any prize in the Lottery.
15. The WAACT reserves the right to reclaim any prizes issued in error.
16. Any prize unclaimed for a period of six months from the date of the draw will be deemed to be, and applied as if it were, a donation to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Charitable Trust.
17. The Lottery is only open to persons aged 16 and over.
18. The WAACT has in place policies and procedures designed to minimise the risk of lottery tickets being sold to children. In particular, it reserves the right to carry out independent age verification before allowing any lottery ticket to be sold to a person who appears to be aged under 16.
19. If, on completion of age verification, the customer is shown to be underage, any stake paid will be returned but any prize that might otherwise have been won will not be paid.
20. The WAACT is a member of the Lotteries Council, through which it contributes to the Responsible Gambling Trust, which carries out research into the prevention and treatment of problem gambling, public education on the risks of gambling and the identification and treatment of problem gamblers.
21. The WAACT is committed to promoting a responsible approach to gambling. In particular, the WAACT has a policy permitting those who wish to do so, to self-exclude from gambling for a minimum period of six months. A link to this policy, and to all the other policies of the WAACT applying to the Lottery, may be found at www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk. Further support and advice may be obtained on the “Gamble Aware” website, www.gambleaware.co.uk.
22. The WAACT’s decision in any matter regarding the Lottery is final. The WAACT will be bound by its Complaints and Disputes policy, a link to which may be found at www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk. Any unresolved disputes will be referred to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service (“IBAS”).
23. It is each player’s responsibility to keep WAACT notified of any change in address or telephone number. All winning cheques will be sent to the individual’s address registered with the WAACT as at the date of the draw in question.
24. The WAACT cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, delay or theft of any payment or communication sent by post, direct from a bank or building society, fax or >email.
25. The WAACT reserves the right in its absolute and sole discretion to reject an application to enter the Lottery or to terminate an individual’s entry, subject to acting reasonably at all times.
26. If you are a lucky winner, your name will be used in promotional material unless you inform the WAACT by calling them on 01225 300536 or by emailing them firstname.lastname@example.org that you do not wish your name to be disclosed. You may, however, opt out of your location being disclosed by ticking the appropriate box on the player application form.
27. The WAACT may change the rules of the Lottery at any time and at their discretion but will post the new rules on their website, www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk before the changes take effect.
28. Players may withdraw from the Lottery at any time by calling the WAACT on 01225 300536 or by emailing the WAACT on email@example.com. If you pay for your lottery tickets by standing order and you wish to withdraw from the Lottery, you should in addition ensure that you cancel your standing order.
29. Refunds of unused portions of monthly, quarterly or annual subscriptions may be made. Please allow up to 4 weeks for a refund to be processed.
30. Upon cancellation, any outstanding balances below £1 will be deemed a donation to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Charitable Trust (WAACT), not before 60 days has elapsed from the last payment. You may still claim this amount to be refunded to you during this time, and this does not affect your statutory rights.
31. Should you require further information about the Lottery you should contact the promoter, the WAACT, on 01225 300536 or by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewed & Revised – May 2018 Version V.3