Do you have a desire to work for a good cause within the small charity retail team for Wiltshire Air Ambulance?
As well as creative flair and a passion for retail this can be a physically demanding role, often requiring lifting and sorting of donations received from the public.
As assistant shop manager you will be working in the shop three days per week, covering alternate Saturdays, every Monday plus one other week day which ideally would be flexible.
Additional cover will also be required over holidays and other adhoc days as required so some flexibility is essential.
- Support Devizes shop manager to achieve sales targets, maintain a high standard of merchandising and display as directed by the manager both in shop windows and in-store
- Work closely with and maintain positive relationships with our WAA retail volunteers
- Assist with sorting donations and rotation of stock ensuring high levels of quality goods are available for sale
- Communicate and build relationships with other WAA shop managers and volunteers so a team spirit is nurtured
- Work with the communications team to maintain the shops dedicated social media page
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness throughout the shop are consistently maintained at all times
- Assist the Devizes Shop Manager working alongside the communications team with any WAA campaigns to increase shop volunteer numbers
- Collaboratively develop new ways to promote foot fall and quality donations to the shop raising WAA profile within the town
- Attend celebratory events with shop volunteers such as volunteer training days, open days at the WAA airbase in Semington as directed
- Assist with keeping compliant and accurate financial procedures, banking and administration as required by Devizes Shop Manager and WAA within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate financial and shop trend data using excel
The role is based at the Devizes Charity Shop, 2 Maryport Street, Devizes. There will be some requirement to travel to and attend meetings/training sessions at Wiltshire Air Ambulance's airbase in Semington.
The role offers £9 per hour (FTE £17,550), with a generous pension contribution and holiday allowance.
If you have what it takes to join our lifesaving charity raising money through retail, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can post your application to Wiltshire Air Ambulance, Outmarsh, Semington, BA14 6JX.
Closing date is Sunday 8 September 2019, with interviews taking place on Thursday 12 September.
Wiltshire Air Ambulance is proud to be an equal opportunity employerBack to News